Monday, February 5, 2018

Octopus moving forward

I made some progress on Octopus Treasure Cave. I getting the hang of stitching on dark fabric, and I really like this hand dyed one.

Saturday, January 6, 2018

(Not) feeling blue

Today I started Octopus Treasure Cave from Chatelaine. This is the first time I am stitching on dark fabric, and I like it a lot! The fabric is a mottled dark blue, what I tried to reproduce by the camera -with partial success.

A year old finish - Summer Knotgarden

I was very lazy with my blogging in 2016, so much that I just realised that I did not posted that I have finished Summer Knotgarden before the closing of the year! It is ready and framed, and went to its siblings to the bedroom wall a year ago.




Chatelaine: Summer Knotgarden
Fonal/Floss: DMC + many silks as suggested in the kit
Anyag/Fabric: Zweigart antique white 32 ct Belfast

Pomarium 1st quarter done

I managed to finish the 1st quarter of Pomarium. My aim was to do it till yearend, and I happily finished the apples and leaves, when I realised there is one more part, a branch which is still to be done to have the 1st quarter ready. So the first few days of January was spent on this beauty. I also added how gorgeous the whole piece. The quarter is a little bit ad-hoc, I was too lazy to change the frame, so I did a partial left and partial right corner...


Chatelaine: Pomarium
Fonal/Floss: DMC + many silks as suggested in the kit
Anyag/Fabric: Zweigart antique white 32 ct Belfast

Friday, January 5, 2018

Another Christmas birdies

Before Christmas I spent the week at home, and I was planning to do a birdie quilt for my cousin. I was postponing-pontponing during the Autumn and early December, and I thought this is going to be a present for next Christmas. But a few days before the day my sewing bug returned and I finished the cuttin and piecing of the top in 2 days, and on the 3rd I even managed some free motion swirls to keep the layers together. I did not take a photo, but I will do it next time when I visit her - because I did manage to finish it before we went and met her family. The design is my 3rd such quilt (first for me in 2014, second for mum in 2015), and the original what I used for inspiration was created by Vicky Bellino at Bloom Creek, the name is House Warming Party.

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Yellow green scrappy quilt

I am on holiday so I tried to make a dent in my yellow-green scraps, and today I spent my time on this quilt top. I thought I will finish tomorrow, but my son got enthusiastic and asked me to do it together. He is going to my parents for the weekend, so I promised not to do anything till Sunday.
It is quite eclectic, I used whatever I found, but there are still quite a lot material in the green-yellow box. I also raided the lightbrown and the white to frame the little 5"x5" middle ones (5.5" square, 2.5" for framing, finished as 9.5") It was good to look back and remember all the quilts the materials are coming from, some of them from my very first ones somewhen back in 2011. The corner pinwheels were originally created for my niece bedcover, but I decided for a different setup and they were sitting in the cupboard for at least 5 years.
The photo is a little washed out due to my camera, in real life it is more cheerful. And the best that I even found a perfect binding in my scrappy binding box, so everything is coming from scraps. Only the backing is missing, but I will use some old fabric. It is really strange, that if I mix some the ugly fabric for backing, I usually really like the final result, even the most boring material comes to life when I use them...